Which 5 rental features appeal to young professionals is the rental property maintenance checkup this week provided by Keepe.
Demand from millennials and young professionals with higher incomes are major drivers of the current rental market. Rental properties can easily be redeveloped or rebranded to include target-market needs and amenities.
If your property wants to target young professionals, here are 5 rental features that are emerging trends
- Easy access to center-city jobs: Easy travel to the main city center is a key factor for young professional renters. Short commutes to town centers and multiple transportation options can boost interest in your rental.
- Competitive rental prices: Young professionals are not very price-sensitive, but in a competitive market, it’s important to be sensitive to your competitors’ rates and take into account what other amenities they are offering that could capitalize on this renter market.
- Trendy area: City centers and areas with an abundance of new restaurants, bars and nightlife make for the best areas for millennials and young professionals. If your property is in an urban area, be sure to spotlight these areas in your marketing efforts.
4. Social amenities: A fitness center, clubhouse or common spaces for socializing are very attractive to this demographic. Young professionals are out and about working and networking most of the day, so smaller apartments will fit their needs perfectly well. On the other hand, social amenities – areas in the property that can allow for entertaining and shared activity – become more valuable and necessary. As for fitness centers, offering free classes that encourage group participation and socializing trends to draw in more young professionals.
Young professionals are out and about working and networking most of the day, so smaller apartments will fit their needs perfectly well.
5. Business center: Similarly, renters are demanding a co-living environment where they can entertain but also work. A common space for co-working and remote office work is an important element that this demographic desires.
Other recent rental property maintenance Keepe posts you may have missed:
Keepe is an on-demand maintenance solution for property managers and independent landlords. The company makes a network of hundreds of independent contractors and handymen available for maintenance projects at rental properties. Keepe is available in the Greater Seattle area, Greater Phoenix area, San Francisco Bay area, Portland, San Diego and is coming soon to an area near you. Learn more about Keepe at https://www.keepe.com