The 5 top apartment amenities for 2019 were listed in a new study of unique apartment amenities according to Apartments.com.
Yes not only pet grooming areas and game rooms, but wine lounges, virtual golf simulators and beautiful gardens are popping up all over the U.S., but also lots of tech gadgets according to Apartments.com research.
According to a National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC) study, 20% of respondents cited their reason for moving to a different community was due to seeking better community amenities.
5 unique apartment amenities for 2019
- Outdoor Community Living: When it comes to community spaces, many existing properties offer club houses, fitness centers, coffee areas and shared workspaces. But as complexes upgrade, they are incorporating shared outdoor amenities to include fire pits, brick ovens, roof top terraces, access to hike and bike trails, stations to bathe down bikes or pets and spaces for DIY project areas. With balcony space and dog-friendly being one of the top keywords searched nationally on Apartments.com, renters look for those outdoor features adding value to an apartment and lifestyle for their family.
- Indoor Relaxation:Numerous indoor amenities are on the horizon too. Coffee shops, movie theaters, spas, salons, music rooms, golf simulators and wine cellars. All offer spaces to unwind and socialize. With 68% of renters searching for only a one- or two-bedroom apartment on Apartments.com, these indoor amenities and community spaces create an ideal space for mixing and mingling with apartment neighbors.
- Tech Lover’s Paradise:If you are relatively tech-savvy, you might consider purchasing smart devices to enable home automation features. Kwiskset Kevo’s smart lock, for example, allows you to lock and unlock your doors remotely with the Kevo App on your smart phone. The lock comes with a backup key for your landlord. The smart thermostat by Nest, allows you to use your phone to change the temperature in your apartment. It also learns your schedule and adjusts to your habits, saving you energy costs along the way.
- Environmentally Friendly:NMHC noted in a recent study that 75% of renters are interested in recycling options, while 65% are interested in sustainability and green initiatives. Other amenities of interest include sustainability and green certifications, on-site renewable energy and car sharing. Additionally, new technology is becoming increasingly available for the environmentally conscious such as the WaterHawk showerhead with rainfall designs which come with an LED display that allows you to track usage and select temperature preferences.
- Artistic Appeal:And for the art lover, Elect Objects’ E01 digital art frame allows renters to choose artwork from the Internet’s best artists and museums and change them as frequently as desired.
Apartments.com is a leading online apartment listing website, offering renters access to information on more than 1,000,000 available units for rent. Powered by CoStar, the Apartments.com network of sites includes Apartments.com, ApartmentFinder.com, ApartmentHomeLoving.com, Apartamentos.com, WestsideRentals.com, ForRent.com, ForRentUniversity.com, After55.com and CorporateHousing.com. Apartments.com is supported by the industry’s largest professional research team, which has visited and photographed over 400,000 properties nationwide. The team makes over one million calls each month to apartment owners and property managers, collecting and verifying current availabilities, rental rates, pet policies, fees, leasing incentives, concessions, and more.